Monday, December 10, 2012

Winter Death

     I remember one of my dad's friends (who used to work here in Korea) slipped on ice and bumped his head.  He went into comatose and his family had to deal with a lot of expensive procedures, along with sending someone to pick him up from Korea to Philippines.  I believe he worked in Korea for more than a decade.  Probably close to 18 years.  But I don't think his family saved enough to cover half of the expenses.  I wonder, though, if he's still alive.  That was years ago.

     This afternoon, my co-worker was distraught after receiving a call.  His mistress slipped on ice and is suffering from hemorrhage (as of writing this blog).  He knows there's a big chance either she'll end up dead or "stupid"... I think he used that word just to make me understand him.

     Personally, I couldn't care less about how he feels.  It's his mistress.  I met her and her family several times, and I don't like how they talk and look at me.

     I'm more interested on how my superiors reacted to this.  I've been complaining about ice forming in front of the public bathroom but they just joked about it saying I cold learn ice skating on it... until now.  30 minutes after hearing the news, they scraped the said ice (it covers about 10sq ft) and spread some sand and some sort of gravel over the place.  They didn't even ask for my help.  And as I pass by, I hear them mumbling, "... scary... Jackson could die..."

No comments:

Post a Comment