Friday, October 26, 2012

We Can Be Friends

I don't understand why some guys automatically assume it's more than friendship we're having. And when I disappoint, I get the "let's be friends" speech.

The thing is, I don't feel it's friendship in the first place. Not yet. It was on its way there. The sex part is irrelevant. And I don't categorize "friends with benefits" as a relationship.

I don't understand why some guys think it's on a verge of an intimate relationship after sex, when sex came first before getting to know each other. When I meet someone for the first time and we have sex right then and there, to me, it's not about finding good company anymore. It's simply looking for someone likely just as sexually frustrated as I am, and looking for release.

Frankly, I enjoy a small chatter over a cup of coffee. Then get to know each other more. If sex comes down the line then I think that's more romance. Then I'll think that's leading towards something more than friendship.

But as much as I am a hopeful spirit, I have learned there's no permanent thing as long as I am in a foreign land. Even friendships come and go, and we all move on.

So please. If we are out to meet people to have fun, then let's have fun. But don't expect a bright and shining future partner right after the first meeting, when all we did was hook up. And don't give that "friends" speech after you realize I'm not the guy for you. Sex is sex. Friendship is another. It's simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment